Work For Us
Thank you for your interest in joining Business Friend as a freelance transcriptionist, typist or proofreader, where we offer good rates of pay and flexible working for our freelance team.
Please read through the below requirements before getting in touch as all of the points listed are essential to work with Business Friend.
Please only apply via the form below and we will respond as soon as possible to your enquiry.
– To live in the UK and have English as your first language
– To be conscientious and reliable
– To be willing to sign and adhere to strict confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
– To have secure Broadband, with anti-virus software installed on your PC and a private email account no one else can access
– To be registered as self-employed and responsible for your tax and NI contributions
– To have at least 12 months audio typing or transcription experience in British English
– To have professional transcription software, headphones and a foot pedal
– To have an audio typing speed of at least 60wpm with excellent accuracy
– To enjoy researching a variety of topics to ensure understanding of the project subject, phrases and terminology
If you do not meet the above requirements, but would like to know more about becoming a freelance transcriptionist, please feel free to read through our blog articles for further information.
Copy Typing Vacancies:
– To have at least 12 months copy typing experience in British English
– To have a copy typing speed of at least 70wpm with excellent accuracy
– To be willing to complete an application form and grammar test and complete two short typing tests
– To have at least 12 months proofreading experience, including proofreading academic publications in British English
– To be willing to complete an application form and grammar test and proofread two short sample texts
If you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you! Please complete the below form and we will be in touch.
Please note that during busy periods we may not reply to applicants for a week or two. Please do be patient but feel free to contact us again after three weeks if you have not yet received a reply.